Home

The book Home by Whitney Hanson is a book full of quotes about relationships. It has different quotes from different stages of a relationship. From healing to hurting, to loving to hating, to growing and taking steps back. These quotes really make me think about all the relationships I have with different people in my life. It also has random quotes about life in general. A quote that I thought was simple but also meant a lot said, "I love to read books, they are safe, if the plot becomes too messy, I can simply close the book. I wish I could trap my life in the pages of the book." This quote relates to reading, but also to life. When reading, if you do not understand something or do not really like the book and feel interested in it, you can simply stop reading it and find a new one. You can also use your imagination to make the book how you want to see it. Life is very similar to this. If something happens in life that you do not like that can be avoided, avoid it or step away from it. You can also change things how you want it and decide how you want your life to go. Find something new to focus on that makes your life more interesting. This happens a lot with high school friendships. Being around certain people really forms how people act and how they are. You can choose to be around good people or people that have a bad influence on you. If you don't like how certain people act, stay away from them. This quote is really simple, yet means a lot of things. Another quote that I am sure that a lot of high schoolers relate to, even me, states, "I finally faced the fact that it isn't a crime not having friends. Being alone means you have fewer problems." There are so many people that cause a lot of drama for no reason and just cause more problems for yourself. I have learned over the past couple of years that it is better to keep your circle small and have trustworthy friends than to have all of these friends that talk behind your back. It is a tough choice to not have a lot of friends but it definitely saves you in the long run by staying out of dumb drama. Being around a positive atmosphere makes one's life a healthy one. 

All of the quotes that I have read from this book are hard to choose from as being named one of my top quotes to put into this blog. They all have such a good message about how to handle different obstacles we come across in our lives. Friendships are not easy and neither are the decisions we make that determine what is best for us. Although this is not really a book to sit through and read, it is a good book to look at every once in a while to get advice about the different choices we make. It is a book that you can open up a random page and take in the advice that it is giving you for the day. This is a book that will help with anything that you may be second-guessing yourself about. Many of the quotes in this book can mean a lot of different things, but they mean the most depending on how someone may interpret them. 

Comments

  1. I really like the first quote and how you related it to yourself and other people. This seems like a unique book which is different from regular chapter books. 9/10 Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with everything said in this blog. Life can get very stressful at times and some of the people just make it worse. It is a very good idea to select a few people that get you and want what's best for you rather than having a bunch of random friends. Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'm not much of a fan of reading, that first quote is pretty relatable when it comes to videogames because I get to make my own decisions in games rather than watching someone else make a decision that I would not have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you connect this book and the quotes to high schoolers lives. I really like the first quote because I know when life gets a little crazy I can always take a step back from the situation just how you can close a book when the plot has a lot going on. Overall I think this was an interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like a short book for only having a few quotes per page? However, these are some quotes with deep meaning that any person can take to heart. I liked how you are able to take something out of this and use the advice to better yourself, good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a medium size book, I'm not sure how many pages but there's quite a lot of quotes throughout it!

      Delete
  6. I like these two quotes they shed insight in a way to get you thinking about it. They give reasoning to why it's better that way. The book definitely sounds like a nice soft read to just open anytime and learn about life. Would you rather read a fiction book or a book like this that sheds advice on life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would rather read nonfiction books to learn more about life!

      Delete

Post a Comment